Golf Betting Online in Australia
Not too long ago the world of international competitive golf was relatively low key, with not much attention paid to the game or its players. That all changed when Tiger Woods, the international golfing sensation burst onto the scene. With a charismatic superstar in the making, competitive golf suddenly attracted the attention of every sporting enthusiast and sports bettor alike. Today golf betting has become one of Australia’s top betting markets. With both local and international golfing tournaments happening all year round, featuring the top professional golfers, sports bettors can always be guaranteed a fun and entertaining betting event.
In golf betting there are various types of bets a punter can make. Some of the most basic golfing bets are explained below:
- Outright win Bet – Best suited for the novice punter, this is where a bettor chooses a player they think will win the tournament. Since it’s quite difficult to pick tournament winners, the odds can be very enticing.
- Head to Head bet – These are simple and fun bets to make. For each head to head bet, two players are pitted against each other. The punter has to decide who will have the better finish. Often, the players in a head to head bet are based on the pairings for the final two days of a tournament.
- 3 Ball Bet – During the first two rounds of most golf tournaments, players go out in groups of three. A 3 Ball bet is a wager on which of the three players in a grouping will have the best round for a specific day.
Another way that Australian online bookmakers keep golf betting interesting is by offering prop bets. Prop bets are essentially bets that don’t fit into any other category. Some of the more typical golf prop bets include:
- Over/under – This is a bet on how many tournaments a player will win during a season.
- A bet on which player will finish the year with higher rankings?
- A bet on which player will score an eagle during the current tournament?
With the four majors, The Masters Tournament, U.S. Open Championship, The Open Championship, and PGA Championship, the variety of prop bets that can be found are much greater.
|1||5/5||Bet $50 AUD receive $150 AUD|| Bet now|
|2||4.9/5||$150 AUD|| Bet now|
|3||4.8/5||$501 AUD Bonus Bet|| Bet now|
|4||4.7/5||100% Match up to $250 AUD|| Bet now|
|5||4.6/5||100% Match up to $200 AUD|| Bet now|
Golf Betting – Backing the Right Player
Although golf betting may seem easy, there are many factors to consider. Obviously if you are going to back a certain player, you need to take into account his or her golfing history of playing at the specific tournament in question. A punter should also take into consideration whether a player is on a winning streak or is currently on form. If you are going to back a low ranked player, there should be reason behind such a decision, maybe the track record of the last few games. Sometimes young unknown players cause an upset and win a tournament keeping the game more interesting. If you are new to golf betting and would like to know where to start, you can start right here. For your convenience we provide you with all the best Australian online sport betting sites at your fingertips.