Greyhound Betting Online Austalia
In the Australian sport betting world, greyhound racing has gained significant popularity in recent years. Australian sports punters have realised that greyhound races are fast and exiting with very little turnaround between each race. With a wealth of greyhound betting tips opportunities similar to horse betting, greyhound betting is the perfect alternative. Australian greyhound racing has a busy calendar with a stack of meetings on each and every day of the year. One of the centrepieces of the greyhound racing calendar is the Golden Easter Egg. Known as Australia’s richest race, it is worth over 250,000 AUD in prize money. Other major Australian meets include the Solo Melbourne Cup, the Sandown Cup, the National Derby and the MTD Australian Cup.
As you might expect, greyhound racing bets offer betting options and greyhound racing tips similar to that of international horse racing. Some of the most common racing bets are explained below:
- Win bet – This is a basic and popular bet for beginners. This is a simple bet on which dog will win in a given race.
- Placing bet – This is where a punter bets on one dog placing either first, second or third. The greyhound racing odds in place betting are generally shorter than those in win betting.
- Each Way Bet – This is a combination of a win bet and a place bet, and is effectively two greyhound bets. If your chosen dog wins the race, you collect winnings from both the win and place dividend. If the dog merely places, you collect winnings from just the place bet.
- Quinella Bet – A quinella is a bet in greyhound racing is where you select two dogs that will finish in first and second position in a race, in any order. A ‘box quinella’ is also an option, where more than two dogs can be selected in a race, as long as two of them finish in the top two positions.
- Exacta Bet – Exacts works in the same way as the quinella, except the punter must correctly pick the first and second winners in exact order.
- Trifecta Bet – A trifecta is where the bettor selects three dogs to finish in the top three positions, in the correct order.
- Doubles Bet – A double is a bet on the winners of two races, usually consecutive, at one race meeting.
|1||5/5||100% Match up to $250 AUD|| Bet now|
|2||4.9/5||Bet $50 AUD receive $150 AUD|| Bet now|
|3||4.8/5||$501 AUD Bonus Bet|| Bet now|
|4||4.7/5||100% Match up to $200 AUD|| Bet now|
How and Where to Place Greyhound Racing Bets
Much like horse racing, greyhound racing is based on more than just a guess. Before placing any sizable greyhound bets, punters should understand and review a dog’s previous race statistics and results. It is important to note that on the day other factors can influence how a race with pan out. For novice punters, placing a straight win bet is a good way to start. After a few successful win/lose greyhound bets, a punter can move to more exotic greyhound bets such as an each way bet or a quinella. To get started with online greyhound racing you need to look for the best Australian online bookmaker sites. To make it easy for you we have rated and listed Australia’s top online sport betting sites right here. Click on any of the site links to make your bet.